Have you got a dinner party coming up or just want to make something fun for your family to enjoy? Our delicious yet simple pineapple and ginger mocktail will be the answer to all your prayers. Some of you reading this may wonder- why would I go through the effort of making a fun drink if there isn’t any alcohol in it? Here are just a few reasons for why you could and should…
- Mocktails create a more inclusive environment. Some of your guests may be choosing not to drink any alcohol at all. This may be due to simply not liking the flavour, for health reasons, or for personal reasons. Providing your friends and family with the option to have a unique and fun non alcoholic beverage can make a world of difference to their evening.
- Less calories: drinking alcohol is an easy way to pack on the number of calories per each serve. If your watching your cals, a mocktail is a great way to help keep them under control.
- A fresher head in the morning. Let’s face it, too much alcohol can ruin your following day if it’s taken overboard. You can rest easy knowing you won’t be dealing with sluggishness and a pesky headache in the morning.
What you’ll need to create your mocktail:
Our delicious Spiced Ginger drink uses real ginger and cardamom (no nasty synthetic flavourings). These create a depth of flavour which is both refreshing and warming all at once.
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
While you could just use a normal simple syrup (sugar dissolved in water), adding some cinnamon to the mix really ups the anti on the warming and flavourful elements of this drink. If you’re not the biggest fan of cinnamon, you could leave it out.
This delicious tropical juice is one of the most naturally sweet drinks. It also works a treat when mixed with ginger. Did we mention it’s also rich in nutrients and antioxidants? Perfect!
In order to bring this pineapple and ginger mocktail to life, you’ll need a couple fresh ingredients. Lime and mint are the wonderful pairings with this drink. Adding these not only make the overall flavour better, but they also allow for a prettier drink! Win! They are perfect for a dinner party with your friends, you’ll be sure to impress!
Cinnamon Syrup (makes enough for 4.5oz)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Pineapple and Ginger mocktail (2 serves)
- 6 mint leaves
- Juice of one lime
- 1 & 1/2oz of the cinnamon syrup
- 3oz of pineapple juice
- 1 can of CH’I Spiced Ginger (to finish)
- Extra mint leaves and lime slices for garnish
Step 1: Combine sugar, water and cinnamon into a pot and let the sugar dissolve over a medium heat. Stir often.
Step 2: Once the sugar has fully dissolved, remove the pot from the heat. Allow the cinnamon sticks to sit in the syrup for a further 30 minutes. This is to ensure we get as much flavour out of them as possible. Remove the cinnamon sticks once finished.
Step 3: In a cocktail shaker (or in a glass) combine the mint and lime juice and muddle. This step is essential in order to let the flavours get to know each other.
Step 4: Pour in the pineapple juice and cinnamon syrup and add some ice.
Step 5: Shake well or stir if using a glass
Step 6: Strain the drink into your chosen vessel until it’s about half filled. Make sure it’s filled up with ice and a couple of lime slices.
Step 7: Top off with CH’I Spiced Ginger
Step 8: Add a couple of extra mint leaves to garnish- now it’s ready to be enjoyed!
If you want to, you can make the cinnamon syrup in advance and store in a jar or container and store in the fridge for up to a month.
Share your mocktail with us!
We’d love to see your rendition of this yummy pineapple and ginger mocktail! Tag us on Instagram (@chidrinks) to be featured on our page!
#ChiTimeMeTime #ChiDrinks #ChiHerbal